Frequently Asked Questions
What conditions are contraindicated? Is it safe?
Reflexology is a non invasive treatment that is safe for many conditions. There are a few conditions that I will not be able to treat you. These are:
- Undiagnosed sever pain, this should always be diagnosed by a doctor.
- Organ transplants, since reflexology tries to bring about homeostasis it may cause drugs to not work or for the body to reject the “foreign” body.
- Aeroplane flights
- Unstable heart conditions
- Haemorrhage. This needs medical attention.
- Drugs/alcohol. These will affect the reflexology treatment.
- Deep vein thrombosis. Reflexology might dislodge the clot which then might move around the body.
- Medical tests or procedures. Reflexology might interfere with these processes.
- Gangrene. Since this is the death of tissue this needs medical attention.
- Localised contradiction affect a small area which should not be worked on. These mainly include cuts, bruises, and fractures on the foot area.
There are certain conditions that I need to know about and discuss them with you first. It does not mean that you can not have a session. These are:
- Undiagnosed pain
- Injury to the feet
- Unstable heart condition
- Some types f medications
- Severe varicose veins